View Single Post
Old 01-27-2023, 07:48 PM   #7
Plane

Default Re: [Martial Arts] Using Judo as flier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigrif View Post
Can you grab your enemy and lift them into the air and if you can, how?
Technical Grappling has a "pickup" technique for lifting people off the ground. Presumably once you do that, they move wherever you move.

Quote:
How your enemy realistically can resist your movement at all?
You mean other than using "Break Free" to terminate the grapple?

I suppose you could grab something heavy nearby (a big table? a convenient anvil) to use as an anchor, that way it's not just your own weight which would be encumbrance but also the weight of that object.

Quote:
Can you pin midair?
I believe so, you just can't use the ground as a convenient nearby surface to aid grappling.

This is something of a hole in the rules though - TG24's "Pass Limb" mentions "against a surface" but you can still use "your torso" or "your head" if there isn't a convenient surface, and there doesn't seem to be any downside do that as long as there's no contact damage.

I'm thinking if you tried to do other stuff with torso or head at LEAST a "-2 for doing two things at once" if you were maintaining Control Points via Pass Limb using those parts.

Quote:
"Using your legs" rules say that you end your turn lying face-up, but what if you using this in the air?
You can still be in a 'lying' posture while in mid-air. This tech assumes you begin with your feet lower than your opponent which is why you're doing a sort of "drop kick" move to raise your feet up for a grapple.

I'd only allow avoiding this if you started at a higher elevation than the opponent. Like obviously if I'm dropping straight from above to grapple a neck using my feet, I could probably finish standing.

Quote:
How parries with leg or feet works for flying characters? Can you parry more than ones with your legs? Can you parry attacks that comes from below in any zone? Can you retreat?
I don't know of any exceptions to the usual "leg parry" rules for flying characters.

The best approach I can think would be to find some way of defining those legs as being 'arms' so you can use standard rules with them.