View Single Post
Old 01-31-2021, 11:50 AM   #5
Plane

Default Re: Ghostly Movement Takes Penalties?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher R. Rice View Post
you still take the penalties for Warp to do quick and such.
"replace warp’s usual success roll" sounds like penalties for fast-warping wouldn't matter much

Unless it's something like "Cosmic: No Roll Required" where you don't need to roll for warp, but penalties for fast-warping determine if you can ATTEMPT to warp, ie requiring a minimum skill of 3.

"if you would need a Lockpicking roll, you must know Lockpicking" is a strange one because per B206 most people can attempt a lockpicking roll at IQ-5...

So when would a condition like "does not know lockpicking" exist? It's a TL skill so I guess B22's "Low TL" disadvantage?
You start with no knowledge (or default skill) relating to equipment above your personal TL
I guess this means if you're a Psycho Killer from TL 7 you can use Ghostly Movement to get into a TL 7 locked room but not a TL 8 locked room?

I'm guessing the IQ roll for lockpicking might work in a similar way to the IQ roll for Warp: they don't need to make it, but perhaps need an effective skill of at least 3 (they could attempt it) for the Warp to work?

The "minimum 3 for both rolls" seems like a good balancing mechanism, and would explain why a Ghostly Movement foe like Psycho Killer might spend extra time getting to a certain place...

For these purposes I'm wondering if time spent prepping the warp (to get an IQ bonus to reach the minimum effective skill required) should also count as time spent prepping any required skills (ie lockpicking) for the purposes of also getting them up to a minimum of 3, or if you would add together prep times.
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote