View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 02:28 PM   #20
43Supporter

Default Re: Odd Designs: The "Tail-End-Charlie" Cycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordtart View Post
Just for laugh, how about carrying (well lugging) a HAVR. The normal magazines weight 6lb each. Extended ones a whopping 9lb.
I hate to tell you this, but: When I was with NOVA, a HAVR *was* my go-to hand weapon... >:)

Quote:
Of course as a pillion rider, you can carry a backpack, BA, ABV, 6 pouches and 2 slung weapons (which could each be an extended mag HAVR with scope and UGL) and take up ZERO space on a bike ;)
There's another "oddball" cycle-with-sidecar design like this in "Grand Theft Autoduel" -- the cycle component has a 1-sp./320-lb. cargo area on it (the "main guns", a pair of linked MGs with 10 shots each, are on the sidecar), which is enough for *two* passengers -- one in the cargo space, one "on the rat-trap". :)

Quote:
EDIT: Oh my lord, how could I forget that you don't even need a holster for a no-handed item so we can add a gas mask, goggles (IR for preference then we can use an IR laser scope and add a suppressor to the HAVR and get sustained fire without the enemy noticing), fireproof suit and body armour with helmet cam. Of course I can save 6 lb by fitting folding stocks to the HAVRs.
Yup -- my tendency to have my duelcar's driver well-enough-outfitted to take on a Division 5 car is what finally got me thrown out of NOVA.... (Apparently, they didn't take kindly to the idea of me winning a duel by blasting a crew out of their now-crippled car.)

79er

The Jeremy Clarkson Debate Course:
1) I'm Right. 2) You're Wrong. 3) The End.
43Supporter is offline   Reply With Quote