View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 04:42 PM   #51
platimus

Default Re: Conan the wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TippetsTX View Post
So here's a question that haven't seen addressed among all these XP-related threads... how long should it reasonably take a player to advance to this level?

ITL provides some guidelines that characters could earn anywhere from 25 to 100 XP per game session. Doing a bit of math then (which I really dislike), a player would probably earn 3000-4000 XP playing once every week for a year... or up to around 5000 XP if the GM is really generous. So, while the first few stats can be raised over the course of a few months, it will take years to build up a 'Conan' anything. That seems like an awful long time to me, especially for a game system that was originally designed around a much faster advancement schedule.
I'm comfortable with that theoretical time-frame. If the GM and players are not, there's a simple solution: GM gives out more XP. I would actually expect the GM to start giving out a little more XP per session as the characters progress (assuming the obstacles they face become more difficult).
platimus is offline   Reply With Quote