View Single Post
Old 05-27-2021, 08:21 PM   #19
Michael Thayne

Default Re: [Sorcery] Michael's daily sorcerous spells thread

I wrote up a version of today's spell awhile ago and then two days ago panicked because my build no longer made sense to me. So I created this thread, which led to me deciding to price "Mortal Wound" as a +250% enhancement on Affliction.
Embolism
Keywords: Resisted (HT).
Full Cost: 51 points.
Casting Roll: Will.
Range: Unlimited.
Duration: Instantaneous.

Creates an improbably huge bubble of air within the subject’s circulatory system. If the target fails to resist, the result is stroke. Treat this as a mortal wound (p. B423): The victim immediately falls unconscious and must roll vs. HT every 30 minutes, with any failure meaning death. At TL6+, trauma maintenance can help.

Natural recovery occurs on a critical success on the HT roll. Otherwise, the only cure is TL6+ brain surgery. A victim who recovers is at -HP or current HP, whichever is worse. Critical failure on the HT roll required after recovering from a mortal wound costs the subject a level of IQ as well as the usual level of HT.

Embolism can harm only living, breathing beings that have blood and brains. Doesn’t Breathe – or any form of Injury Tolerance that includes No Blood or No Brain – grants immunity.

Statistics: Affliction 1 (Feature: Doesn't Breathe, No Blood, or No Brain grant immunity, but a critically failed HT causes a level of IQ loss, +0%; Malediction 2, +150%; Mortal Wound, +250; No Signature, +20%; Sorcery, -15%) [51]. Notes: This spell originally appeared in GURPS Magic: Death Spells, p. 9.

Last edited by Michael Thayne; 07-06-2021 at 09:37 PM.
Michael Thayne is offline   Reply With Quote