View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 09:27 AM   #10
Emerald Cat

Default Re: Bane Bullet Charm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
And while I might allow basic enchanted bullets that hit harder, I would like Bane bullets enchanted against specific foes to receive a substantially higher bonus damage for the same energy cost.
One rule hack would be to apply an advantage limitation as a discount on the energy cost. Accessibility Limitations or the Limited Defenses modifiers for defensive abilities would be good candidates.

Either set of limitations would give large discounts if the susceptible targets were defined narrowly. This could potentially become game breaking. The main downside for such limited banes is that charm slots would be wasted if used on an invalid target. To fully exploit the discount, the PCs would need to do their research and figure out what they are going up against. In my opinion, this would be very fitting for a monster hunters game.

Players may also try to break the game by claiming discounts on broad categories of targets. GM fiat will be required to establish balanced discounts. But this shouldn't be any more difficult than the GM calls RPM already requires.
Emerald Cat is offline   Reply With Quote