View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 12:26 AM   #4
DwarvenHeart

Default Re: Have campaign idea. Feedback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doulos05 View Post
Travelogue adventure (See GURPS:Fantasy for details on that campaign type). If you want, they could be traders, engaging in cargo trading. Check out GURPS:Traveller for info on that, though you'll have to do a lot of conversion to make the tables and stuff for Low Tech.
Thank you. I have the Fantasy so I will be looking at that. I have feared having a large number of sailors on the ship but realize that to be realistic, there has to be a fair number of sailors on the vessal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whswhs View Post
One thing that I did was to define the regular crew of the ship as an Ally Group, and the marines as another Ally Group, and require the PCs to spend points on buying them as such, split among the different PCs. They weren't very expensive, being built on a lot fewer points, but it seemed the neatest way to account for their presence.

Bill Stoddard
Coming from d20 thinking (D&D and Pathfinder) I've always wondered how well having a average-large number of NPC's could work. It wouldn't be any big thing till combat began. I have the mass combat rules for GURPS, though I haven't read them.
DwarvenHeart is offline   Reply With Quote