View Single Post
Old 12-07-2022, 01:30 AM   #22
swordtart

Default Re: Heavy AV Rifle... abuse?

Sazzlefrats:
Yep there is that indication you can only have 1 per turret. It seems off to me that as it occupies half the roof area (as there is a 50/50 chance of a top damaging weapon bypassing the top armour when it is open) you can only pop a single passenger out.

For example by the rules a 40' van trailer can have 2 turrets and thus 2 sunroofs. That is 40' x 8' roof area so each sun roof represents a 80 square foot hole. I think you could easily pop half a dozen firers out of a hole that big. The number of passengers is limited by the internal capacity of the vehicle anyway (and under the rule of counter placement 80 sq. ft is handily about 6 x 1/4" squares).

A compact roof is clearly much smaller so you really could only get one passenger out of it. As any vehicle can target the top armour of any lower vehicle (as an out of arc shot at least) you would want think carefully about fitting a sunroof to such a low vehicle anyway, it would be easier to target the top than the passenger sticking out of it as out of arc is only -2 and have a 50/50 chance of doing internal damage. As discussed in previous threads, even the side weapons of rigs are higher than the tops of most vehicles so you don't even need a turret.

I suppose as rule of thumb you could just allow a number of passengers equal to the maximum turret spaces for the vehicle type (so compacts could have a single meat turret, but oversized vehicles could have 4 people per sunroof).

EVIL Thought:
A passenger in a cargo compartment are classed as cargo. Car top carrier's can only carry cargo, so technically you can put a couple of passengers in even the smallest one. Car top carriers can carry unlimited armour (but need to be armoured in up to 5 locations) so more like vehicles than say EWPs. No reason why they cannot have firing ports. Even a subcompact can carry a 2 space carrier (not withstanding the weight requirement).

Also in the Car Warriors comic there was the roof gun that was used by the Wysocki family. It is statted for CW and is Official (though omitted from UACFH). It is similar to a one-space pintle but slightly different.

Last edited by swordtart; 12-07-2022 at 01:44 AM.
swordtart is offline   Reply With Quote