View Single Post
Old 12-03-2022, 03:20 PM   #16
swordtart

Default Re: Heavy AV Rifle... abuse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenmp View Post
... In the blink of an eye it was over. The impact hurled all five gunners to their deaths and destroyed the pickup's front armor, recoilless rifle, and power plant.
Errr. is this a house rule? I am not sure why a head on collision to the front of a pickup would cause the people in the back to be hurled to their deaths.

I can see the ruling that people atop a vehicle can get thrown off, but at the start of that paragraph where it may have been conflated from it talks about moving ON oversized vehicles and IN a pickup bed. The top of an oversized vehicles does not have sides or rear like a pickup and it has been established that bed riders are protected by side and rear armour, they therefore are no more liable to being thrown out than the crew of a vehicle with a convertible hardtop (or just no top armour).

Further that whole section is written from the perspective of someone getting onto a vehicle, not starting out as a passenger in that vehicle. There is nothing to say that pickup bed riders are not in passenger seats* in the bed as the space and weight would be identical. They could therefore be strapped in and no more at risk than any other passenger (other than being exposed to burst effect and flame clouds etc.)

I can see bed riders getting concussed and that is already covered by the rules for collisions, and would be in dire straits in the event of a roll, but I fear that incident was ruled incorrectly.

*As a passenger in a cargo space is cargo and as a cargo holding component can be placed in cargo as an exception to the no vehicle components in cargo, it would be legal to put Safety Seats into the cargo area of a vehicle (including a pickup bed) to protect passengers.

Last edited by swordtart; 12-03-2022 at 03:32 PM.
swordtart is offline   Reply With Quote