View Single Post
Old 12-03-2022, 02:46 AM   #14
swordtart

Default Re: Heavy AV Rifle... abuse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzlefrats View Post
See now we are getting places. I've decided its possible to pull this off in my event after all. 6 Handgunners and a driver, in a luxury car, so I'm assuming its a small limo vs a lincoln continental.

Just a quicky,... since I'm also looking at trikes.... can you use a cycle windshell with a trike?
X-hvy trike, Hvy Chassis, OR Suspension, Turbo 150cid, 5 gal tank, OR PR tires, with 10pt guards. 151pts armor, 4 Handgunners with Hvy AV Rifles, scopes and CA armor each. Driver also has his own CA armor.

Having a hard time imagining what this looks like in real life though.
My most successful implementation was 2 telescoped HAVR infantry laying down in the bed of a stationary pickup at over 20" ahead of an approaching convoy (with a dozen or so mines between them). It virtually stopped a rig dead in it's tracks by shooting out the front solids in a few turns (through guards). The Rig couldn't bring anything particularly useful to the front arc. There was something like a 6-8 differential in their respective to hit modifiers.

When it started turning to allow its side weapons to bear (and so its hubs could protect the almost depleted tires), the bed riders simply pulled up the tailgate, ducked back down and were able to benefit from the rear armour of the pickup as it hared off down a side road (laying more mines as it went).

Had the Rig continued they would have found themselves in the same situation a few turns later and probably would have been mobility killed (and then swarmed by infantry who could then dictate their own attack vector). They decided instead to turn around and go another way. It cost them thousands in repairs and only fast talking prevented them from missing out on the delivery bonus as the detour and essential repairs made them very late (which was the purpose of the attack).

It's not the tool, but the one who wields it (and to a large degree the one it is wielded against).

Last edited by swordtart; 12-03-2022 at 02:58 AM.
swordtart is offline   Reply With Quote