View Single Post
Old 04-28-2022, 11:42 AM   #5
43Supporter

Default Re: World-Building, Campaigns, and Scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
What kind of game do you like to play/run?
Bit of both -- random arena smashes are nice, but get a little monotonous after a while; and when I started, I didn't have that many friends (at all), hence the solitaire TS campaign which had the used-car business, the small hospital, the police station (including Wagon versions of the Ambunought and Police Car), the cargo-hauling service (including airlift :) ), and so forth.

Later, I ended up in NOVA's campaign, where they learned in the worst of ways: The only comic books *I* read as a kid were the old EC imprints -- _Tales from the Crypt_, _Vault of Horror_, _Haunt of Fear_.... (They're still looking for some of the characters *I* made vanish. >:) ) I don't do the Four-Color-Ethos.

The general attitude for my campaign is: If there's any humor, it's usually _JAWS_-style gallows-humor -- "He didn't eat a car, did he!?", and such-like. That said: The idea is for the PCs to be making the world a better place, rather than wallowing in the Grimdark. It's just going to take a while, and a *lot* of hard work, to make the world a better place.

79er

The Jeremy Clarkson Debate Course:
1) I'm Right. 2) You're Wrong. 3) The End.
43Supporter is offline   Reply With Quote