View Single Post
Old 04-28-2022, 06:44 AM   #3
Spencer

Default Re: World-Building, Campaigns, and Scenarios

How do you plan for emergency response? I use a formula set to determine police presence, fire and rescue resources, and ambulance response. I find it a nice tool for prompting players not to linger too long somewhere, since police in my world respond to duelling incidents that are called in and citizens normally don't like it when their property is damaged by a running fight, especially in town. I also assume that truckers would call the cops if a gang hits them, and that response times and units will vary.
This formula set includes a few lines to determine 1. how many National Guard and active duty military personnel are present, 2. what kind of assets they have, 3. where the armories are located, and 4. when they are called up by the governor to quell general unrest, i.e. a major attack on a trade route.
This also provides a way to keep the size of criminal elements down, as a gang of 50+ cycles and trikes will attract a lot of attention rolling out together.
I also assume that the average citizens are not interested in constant road duels and will respond based on their desire to live peacefully, insofar as they can in a dystopian future.
"Bob knew that he was in trouble the instant that he lined up the sidecar rig in his sights and heard a 'click' when he pulled the trigger. Based on the sized of the dust cloud following that sidecar rig, it was big trouble, too."
Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote