Thread: Silly Cars
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2021, 02:44 PM   #18
juris

Default Re: Silly Cars

Pretty sure pintle mounts are not allowed on a cycle. CWC 2.5 p 106 - a pintle must be mounted adjacent to a sun roof or convertible hardtop. Basically, it's a chassis and crossbow turret. It also says 'gunner' - so I don't think a passenger would be able to use one.

Agree with K - a full gunner with an extra space could probably fire a tripod weapon from a vehicle... which is very similar to an articulated mount btw. Articulated mounts are better as they can be fired by a passenger (from what I remember)

However, I applaud the arguments re: pedestrians firing from inside vehicles - the rules for this always caused great arguments in my group :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordtart View Post
Sidestepping the whole passenger tripod question :)

Pintle Bike by Swordtart:
Heavy Cycle; CA Frame; Cycle chassis; Heavy suspension;
Medium Cycle PP with 10 pts CA;
2 Hvy Duty OR tires, HD Shocks.
Driver with 10pt CA, 2xPassenger each with 10pt CA;
2xPintle mounted twin linked APHR + laser scope;
10 pts. Plastic (F: 5 R: 0 L: 0 B: 5 T: 0 U: 0);
Cost: $9,810, Wgt: 1,271,
HC: 3, Top Speed: 115, Accel: 5.

The design leaves 29lb for personal equipment (suggest ABV for all and some grenades). Pintles could be in any arc but side arcs are probably most sensible as this provides the greatest chance to concentrate firepower with minimal manuevering.

Well heeled gangers might upgrade to laser guidance to put the bite on at longer range, but 10K for a bike is already steep.

My final comment on tripods:

Why should a tripod gunner require 3 spaces? The extra space for a gunner station was to account for controls for the weapon systems for that gunner position, a tripod weapons doesn't have those.

I'll stick with my interpretation of adding one space to requirements for the person (either driver or gunner or passenger) but also requiring the optional encumbrance system to be used.
juris is offline   Reply With Quote