Thread: Silly Cars
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2021, 02:54 PM   #14
juris

Default Re: Silly Cars

Hmm, aren't tripod weapons supposed to be fired... from a tripod fixed on the ground, not Rambo style from the hip?

UACFH is confusing. It says tripod weapons cannot be used by normal passengers in a vehicle (p142). But then it says a passenger who wants to use a tripod weapon takes an additional space.

That's some crystal clear writing

I'd say if you want to fire tripod-like weapons from inside a vehicle you'd have to use an articulated mount from Chassis and Crossbow. If you just wanted to cart them around, I'd be fine with your crazy bike, but then your guys would be Dragoons and would have to dismount to fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordtart View Post
Fair enough, in that case let's double down on that :)

Max Exploiter Bike
by Swordtart:
Heavy Cycle; Cycle chassis; Heavy suspension;
Small Cycle PP w/SCs;
2 Solid Radial tires.
Driver. Passenger, pillion Passenger;
HD Shocks; 10 pt.
Plastic Windshell w 10 points armour.
23 pts. Sloped Plastic (F: 13 R: 0 L: 0 B: 10 T: 0 U: 0);
1x10 pt. Plastic Guards F; 1x10 pt. Plastic Guards B.
Cost: $6,354, Wgt: 1,298,
HC: 3 (4), Top Speed: 100, Accel: 5.

This is the base platform. With the space saved by scrapping the CA you can now fit 2 2-space tripod weapons (that are only 5 GE each) that can both fire into both side arcs (like those tripod twin lasers I mentioned). You have enough HC and handling mods to withstand serious hazards without rolling. Any hit on a bike can at most destroy one component per strike so you will actually need to shoot off both passengers to disarm it.

It's silly expensive for what it is so an admirable fit to the brief. A bike with a pair of twin-lasers pointed at you would be an alarming experience :)
juris is offline   Reply With Quote