View Single Post
Old 06-22-2020, 11:16 AM   #33
Ulzgoroth

Default Re: Can you aim a gun you can't see?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku View Post
Oh, and having a built in sight or HUD or whatever for an Innate Attack? Seems overly complicated for explaining aiming with Innate Attacks. If the advanced rules make that a requirement... then boy, do I wish it was spelled out clearly in the Advantage. More than once, because it is an odd thing to assume. You can aim an Innate Attack, once you are "familiar" enough with it to use it with your DX-based default (let alone the actual Skill) the same way you can aim throwing a ball (or whatever else).
I'm honestly not convinced you can aim throwing a ball. There's nothing to align, no way at all to evaluate your 'aim' until after you've attempted the throw. There is maybe a benefit to taking some extra time to consider what you're going to do, but whether that really constitutes aiming I'm unconvinced. It's certainly wildly unlike aiming a firearm, crossbow, or bow.

GURPS rules that it is all the same, of course.

However, that really doesn't carry over sensibly to Innate Attacks in general, because they can have all kinds of different accuracy values. How would that apply to throwing-like 'aiming'?