View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 11:18 AM   #3
Arith Winterfell

Default Re: [Sci-fi, Psionics] Help with character skills

I see what your saying about the Hidden Lore skill. That makes sense and I'll probably remove it then. I only grabbed it as it gets suggested as a possible skill in Psionic Powers to represent psychic individuals and institutes who are hidden or their machinations, or at least I thought that was what they meant. But I do get what you mean, and psions are accepted as part of society, however scrutinized.

You're right about the police though. I think I pictured him as more of a high ranking figure in the secret police. When it comes to those additional skills, I looked through them just now, I'm not sure if Criminology fits. It kinda could though? Perhaps not really as I'm not sure he is really the one out there catching the criminal's directly. But I am thinking Intelligence Gathering might fit as a major aspect of his work was ferreting out members of the rebellion against the regime he served. He also would work to thwart the rebellion's plans against the regime.

I see him as a relatively rare example of a gifted telepath, the regime valued enough to bring him into training at a young age, and valued his abilities not wanting to risk him in violent undercover activities.

I think I also see what your saying about Detect Lies, so I'll just leave that as 1 point in the skill (his high IQ and Will means this is still a fairly high number by default anyway). He also has Empathy and Callous, he understands and even empathizes with others feelings, but he will do what it takes kind of attitude.

I see what you mean about the Diplomacy and Public Speaking. I'll probably drop the Public Speaking (it was just a background skill really anyway). However, I was thinking of diplomacy (which perhaps should have been in the second skill section) as more of a shift in his approach in life, having just 1 point in it. He's had to radically change how he approaches the world with the death of the regime on his homeworld. I thought perhaps he would begin working toward being a more diplomatic person in life with others rather than always trying to get what he wants by fear.

I'll make sure to add Driving (Hovercar) too though.
Arith Winterfell is offline   Reply With Quote