View Single Post
Old 05-16-2022, 03:31 PM   #1410
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I suppose he could have been wearing a helmet which would make targetting the skull foolish, but the die's been cast.
He has a helmet. If you want, can change that to a groin, neck, or arm shot if you want. We can even change it to face.

Shortly before the forces loyal to the Quinta republic (and therefore Jakorbi) reach the officer quarters, the enemy launches their own attack.

The Loyalists have 23 security personnel, 5 helping hands volunteers, and 25 officers... though two of those officers and two security personnel are secret moles, and they have a dreadstormer wandering freely among them. Officers and security have helmets and vests in addition to weapons. Officers mostly have about half laser pistols and half laser riffles, security and volunteers have laser riffles.

The dreadstormers have 31 security personnel (20 original security with each Hua and Daymar for 40 total, six left in life support, one injured, and two that are moles in the enemy forces. All of their forces have riffles, helmets, and body armor.

The dreadstormer's side is slightly better armed (more riffles, everyone in body armor), the loyalists have more forces at 37 vs 48, the dreadstormer forces have sneaker agents, the dreadstormes have better morale (fanaticism on most their troops) and the loyalists are probably better led*... until the mate in command is hit by a shot right as the attack is launched.

Mass Combat Stats

Converted security... 4 riffles, Good quality troops, good equipment (320 TS)
Loyal Security... 3 riffles, average quality troops, good equipment (180 TS)
Officers ... 3 riffles, Good quality, average equipment (180 TS)
helping hands ... inferior troop quality, poor equipment (10 TS)
Infiltrated agents... neutralize least 30 TS, and probably more, depending on when they strike...
So its 320 TS vs 330 TS.

And the second mate critically failed the battle plan with a 17... are you sure you still want to shoot him?*

Daymar, would you roll against Strategy for Sergent Pookivo against his skill of 12?

* I kid, past results are no indication of future performance.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote