View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 11:48 AM   #4
Seneschal

Default Re: [Sorcery] Doctor Strange (2017 movie) Mystic Arts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Have you checked out this months Pyramid?
Kelly Pederson did a Supers vrsion ofSorcery that I tihnk is appropriate. In fact the bulk of the issue is dedicated to Sorcery variants.
That seems very Serendipity [10] for me! As someone enamored with the HERO system, I do like powers-as-advantages, so I would have probably picked it up for the wuxia powers alone.

Anyway, a little tidbit while I'm at work.

Tao Mandala
Keywords: Buff, Obvious.
Full Cost: 30 points at level 1 + 1 point/level
Casting Roll: None.
Range: Self.
Duration: Indefinite.

A common defensive spell; the mage conjures floating, glowing, disc-shaped magic circles in both hands. They may block all manner of physical attacks as if wielding two small shields (one in each hand), although the mandalas' mystic fabric frays with each blow, and before long they need to be recast. They can also be used to bash people, as if wearing knuckles.

Statistics: DR 12 (Ablative, -80%; Active Defense (Block), -40%; Dual, +10%; Hardened 3, +60%; Sorcery, -25%) [12] + Defense Bonus 1 (Directional, Front, -20%; Sorcery, -25%) [17] + Striking Surface [1]. Additional levels add DR +1 [+1]. Note: Dual is stolen from Melee Attack, and serves only to allow two blocks per turn (the second one with off-hand penalties).

Strange, being an apprentice sorcerer, seems to have bought the spell with Unreliable, as one of his mandalas malfunctions in the middle of a fight scene.
Seneschal is offline   Reply With Quote