View Single Post
Old 11-07-2020, 09:33 PM   #6
kirbwarrior

Default Re: Line-of-sight based Static?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishDude View Post
Thanks for the input everyone - I want the advantage to be something that's passively "always on" as opposed to something that needs to be used consciously, so I don't think the Ranged enhancement is the answer here. That means it won't be possible to have the ability truly work by line of sight, so I think the solution is a fairly high amount of Area Effect with Vision-Based (Reversed) like so:

Static (Magic) (Area Effect, 16 Yards, +250%; Vision-Based, Reversed, -20%) [99]

This will prevent the ability from functioning on entities that use magic from a distance in a wide-open space, but in most scenarios it should work fine. It leaves one final question, though: Does it still always protect yourself and anything you're wearing/carrying?
That build looks good. If you really wanted, you could makes a modfied AE that has a range of your sight. Considering that LOS is +70% on something with 10 or less range, that's similar to x200 range increase in price, so you could use 7 levels of AE (or 8 if you only double) to get that same 'range' of AE:LOS for +350% and that will include Sense Based: Vision (Reversed) as per Psionic Powers.

Is that too powerful? Ehh. Mana Damper might be cheaper.

If you want it to also affect your stuff always, then I'd either shrink Vision-Based to maybe -10% or add an enhancement to the new version (maybe +20?%).
kirbwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote