View Single Post
Old 12-10-2021, 09:49 AM   #303
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Vasarious will get clear of the building and mist off to a remote spot to reach out and update his contact and continue the arrangements for an identity with travel authorization that fits Halcyone's physical characteristics closely enough to pass the checkpoints.

As Vassarious leaves the building, V notices that there are a few Hawk warriors with both swords and assault riffles sitting on the tops of buildings nearby... those weren't there when Vassarious went in the building.

Vassarious gets to the private and remote location, and tells his contact the job is done. The contact takes about 20 minutes to confirm the job, and then expresses his satisfaction, and offers to work with Vassarious anytime ... as long as she wasn't spotted and the bugs immediately removed.

He says he'll get the identity to you in 24 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"What? I didn't do anything to the emperor."
I pause to think for a moment.
"Oh right; it's an effect of the shrine near here. The emperor can't contact you and I think he can't see what's going on in here... There's a holographic copy of Maximus who knows more than me."

"A copy of the emperor in a shrine that blocks his sight and voice?" Kunnifax ponders the claim. Then he closes his eyes and concentrates on something. He opens them again. "Ok, you just doomed me to stay in this cave until things are fixed."

"The Emperor says you're an invader from beyond the five worlds, trying to interfere in our affairs and alter his mind."

"That's completely true, its just that if his mind has been altered, and our fun little friend here says it has, that makes you a friend. Where are you from anyways? and do you mind getting off of me?"

"Now, its possible that you have the means to build a copy of the emperor yourself, in which case you're deceiving me, and the copy is a ruse... but everything about this says otherwise. The worlds are in chaos, this cave is far too old, and the emperor would have seen you build a false shrine and warned me."

"I'm afraid I'm not going to be much help. The moment I leave this cave, the emperor will take control of me again and I'll be convinced you're a foe and that we aren't supposed to interfere with mortal affairs. So I'm pretty much stuck here. I suppose I can defend this place if someone tries to attack it."

"So what are you anyways?"

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote