View Single Post
Old 11-27-2021, 07:53 AM   #31
RGTraynor

Default Re: Professional skill seem cheap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steev View Post
Because I want players to know that the characters can die and be replaced relatively easily. If they know it will take an hour or so out of the game for both me and them they know that killing their characters causes a major hassle. The two characters that died in that game were back playing with new, interesting characters within a few minutes without disrupting the game.
I dunno ... my guess is that your players can count. If you claim that it will take an hour or so out of the game and be a major hassle to create new characters, and you claim a high mortality rate, but it only actually takes a few minutes to create a new interesting character, and you don't actually have a high mortality rate?

Then you're not only sending mixed messages, but the players are more likely to discount what you tell them in favor of the evidence of their own eyes.

"Call me old-fashioned, but after you're dead, I don't think you should be entitled to a Dodge any more." - my wife

It's not that I don't understand what you're saying. It's that I disagree with what you're saying.
RGTraynor is offline   Reply With Quote