View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 08:25 AM   #43
gjc8

Default Re: Game of Thrones [Req.Social Advantages]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofJohn View Post
The Tyrells were never Kings and the Riverlands were never a kingdom of its own... so there would maybe another distinction ...
The Tyrells, at least, are claiming to be the best heirs of Garth Greenhand, once the Targaryens extinguished house Gardener.

In any case, I'm not sure a distinction is important. Both de facto and de jure, the Tullys and the Tyrells are on the same footing as the other Great Houses. I wouldn't bump the Martells up to Status 7 just because they retain the privilege to be styled "Prince".

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofJohn View Post
I have given Houses like Bolton or Frey some more status, because they rivaling the great houses in power and could become greater house if the respective greater house would some how fall. So i think there is some distinction inbetween greater houses and between Bannerhouses. So there are some of avarage status, above avarage status and below avarage status minor houses
So did I, I just split noble houses between Status 4 and 5 instead of 3 and 4. Your scheme has lesser nobility and gentry too far down. Look at the Status table on B. 265: great nobles are 5, lesser nobles 4, landed knights 3. Westeros has the Great Houses at Status 6, above other nobles, for the same reason the king is Status 8 instead of 7.
gjc8 is offline   Reply With Quote