View Single Post
Old 08-23-2020, 03:59 PM   #66
TGLS

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I'm sure there is an electronic analouge to that, and with small arms, your character has it. Once you have your powers online, you can probably fry the with a touch, though that would require a successful armoury (small arms) roll.
OK, we’ll put that on the backburner then.

Quote:
*you do have access to the floorplans?
Yes. Trying to figure out whether the flour is the small teal squares or the small teal circles.

Quote:
Yes, traps should work for that. You'll need to find something to burn properly... though I suppose that can be arranged

There is metallic hydrogen bricks are stored basically everywhere (in the grey boxes on the floorplans*), so yes. The stuff is only slightly explosive, but it burns exceptionally well.
I guess I could stick a live wire on the ends of a block of hydrogen and it would just get hotter and hotter until it catches fire, but that would look less like an accident and I think it’s a superconductor anyway. Is this a setting with lots of paper? That might be good kindling.

Quote:
In two of the three stores, the flour is actually pretty close to the sewage treatment plant (which can take stuff all the way back to food, but still). On those same two floors the flour is near the water tanks as well. Not hazardous, but useful for wrecking flour. Air reclamation and Temperature control are also down there, for the record.
OK, so far:
-> Start a fire near one of the flour stores
-> Cause a big flood to trash the flour
-> Depending on how compartmentalized the ship is, rig things up so the doorway gets blocked? Like the avalanche plan but no one can get in either? Building on this, maybe spill all the flour manually and stage an accident?

Quote:
either Per-based Spacer or freight handling at -2 should work.
OK. Let’s try that then:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicelog
[25] 20-08-23 23:58:48 CEST
Looking for a hidey-hole (Per-based spacer at -2)
3d6 <= 12
4 + 3 + 6 = 13 ... failure
Ah well.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote