View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 09:57 AM   #12
FireHorse

Default Re: Going clubbin...

To be precise, my nitpick isn't really about the club. My nitpick is that there are no damage bonuses for high ST, except for the club, and that incongruity bothers me.

And I don't see the point of the argument that you should upgrade to another, bigger weapon when your ST goes up. It doesn't matter whether that bigger weapon has more damage potential than the smaller one — because using either weapon with higher ST should give it more damage potential than with lower ST.

Two different Warriors, both wielding identical weapons, and both with the same degree of Talent — the only difference between them is that one has ST X, and the other has ST 2X (or 3X, or whatever) — simply should not do the same amount of damage. Not to my mind, anyway.

So I favor a solution like the ones proposed by Skarg and TippetsTX, and I am concocting a similar solution for my own table.

I shall also venture a more useful definition for the Standard-Issue ITL Club, which apparently has the magical property of growing in size proportionate to its owner's muscles.
FireHorse is offline   Reply With Quote