View Single Post
Old 03-31-2021, 01:14 PM   #27
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Realm Management examples

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomenessofme1 View Post
You missed the modifiers from Realm Inhabitant Racial Traits and Management Skill. It adds up to (3+20+53-70)=+6%.
oh, so there are more places that realm value changes can be written. That's good to know and to point out, as most changes show up as realm enhancements or limitations.

Quote:
Like the other post said, the vast majority of the population is in one city. If you had to go out to the boonies for some reason, the infrastructure probably wouldn't be quite as good, but that's not enough of a limitation to call it split IR in my opinion.

But then are we doing the realm as the city or as the planet? This shows up with Centrum as well (where I used split IR), and I suspect its going to be a common situation: a well developed hub and a huge and mostly untouched hinterland.

I suppose another question is if untouched hinterland really counts as part of a realm. Should 1790 Louisianna really count south dakota as part of its realm size? at what point does it switch over?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote