View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 11:54 AM   #2
Christopher R. Rice

Default Re: GURPS Realm Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewan View Post
With GURPS Realm Management expected to be released in March (GURPS News email) I was wondering what would I expect to be in it. Thanks
That's not a simple question. There is a lot in it.

One thing I've been saying over and over and over to try and manage expectations is this: It is a roleplaying tool much like Mass Combat or Boardrooms and Curia. When I was coming up with the system I made a hard design choice that it would not be a economic simulator nor would it be a "bean-counting" system. It's meant to give players whose characters are "in charge" (for whatever that means) a method to see how well they are doing ruling.

It does describe a realm in a "character sheet" format. It has stats for things like how educated the general populous is or what the infrastructure is like or how wealthy it is. But those are just a few things. There is lots more information describing a realm since it interacts with the conflict-resolution system for realms (which is called "The Wheel") as well as other events.

That's really all that can be said at the moment without more targeted questions.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote