View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 07:01 PM   #9
binn05

Default Re: [Banestorm] Yrth as a Psionic setting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Charon View Post
I'm glad there's interest in this concept.

The only reference to that that I can think of is the Anti-Psi power.

Yeah, I'm thinking of going the hybrid route on the small chance that I run a psi-based Yrth game. Naturally psi-reactive crystals can explain a lot, and are a valuable resource, besides.

Found it! Rá! I'm absent-minded, but still not crazy!!! Do you hear that, voices inside my head????

I was thinking about Torsionic Radiation. Pyramid #3.29, p23.
It is about a psi radiation that causes "psychic pollution that causes emotional distress in sapient creatures, kill plants, and destabilizes the weather."...

It could be speculated that harnessing this energy through active psi abilities cause damage to living beings, but raw and disperse energy only hinders psi abilities. The text also says, "Limited exposure is harmless, quickly dissipating into the environment or negated by harmonious energies produced by natural crystals, running water, and sunlight."

Natural crystals match your idea of psi-crystal scattered through the environment giving "high mana" levels to some places.

Quote:

I do think it's an interesting combination of 'specialized' and 'versatile,' though.
:D

Quote:

Skills
Adjustment [IQ/H] [4] IQ
Coincidence [IQ/H] [4] IQ
Curse [Will/H] [2] Will-1
Second Chance [IQ/H] [1] IQ-2
Weather Control [IQ/H] [1] IQ-2

Techniques
Delayed Effect (H) Curse-5 [2] Will-5
Evil Eye (H) Curse-4 [2] Will-4
Remove Curse (H) Curse-1 [2] Will-1
Transference (H) Second Chance-10 [4] IQ-9
Faster Onset (H) Weather Control-8 [2] IQ-9
Thunderbolt (H) Weather Control-7 [4] IQ-6
Unsupervised Change (H) Weather Control-10 [2] IQ-11
Did you think about using Wildcard skills?
Since I'm not using specific Power Talents (Telepathy Talent, TK Talent, etc.), but using Template Talents (Psi Talent, Sanctity, Chi Talent, etc.), each template has a list of specific psi abilities that they can buy. So, I'm using wildcard skills like Anti-psi, Telekinesis, and Thermokinesis).
But this is DF, not Fantasy. It is working nicely for us, though.