View Single Post
Old 09-20-2021, 09:27 AM   #167
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Vassarious send the message:

"I arrived several hours ago and was met with cordial functionaries, a highly protective priesthood, and an overwhelming force of guards. The priests became subtly hostile while my investigation proceeded. I have the impression they have disrupted the magics here to affect the workings of the enchantment. I was able to establish brief communication with Maximus, who insisted he knew what he was doing, and attempted to disable me, so I am unsure if our assistance is wanted or needed. Unfortunately, when I disturbed Maximus, the guards immediately checked the room they had provided me before I could return, and with the growing hostility I sensed, I believe revealing myself to them again would only invite an attack. As it seems the priesthood is behind this, my intention now is to travel to the senate to impart my impressions. In our research, we had uncovered that there was a faction of the priesthood that had been deposed after voicing the opinion that the priesthood had departed from Maximus' directives. I believe we should try and locate the remaining priests from that faction, who are among the rebels."
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote