Not me guv. I was arguing against 1/2"

All Dreg Vehicles should be silly :)

"Dreg Killer Kart Wedge" by Swordtart:
Subcompact; Standard chassis; Heavy suspension;
100 cid Engine Damaged (-5 DP); 4 gal. Duelling tank;
4 Solid Radial tires Damaged (-5 DP).
Driver w 10 pts CA
3 x Linked AP Mini Rocket F.
11 pts. Sloped LR Metal and 16 pts. Sloped Plastic (F: 6/4 R: 1/3 L: 1/3 B: 1/2 T: 1/2 U: 1/2);
Cost: $2,649, Wgt: 2,294,
HC: 5, Top Speed: 85, Accel: 10.

If you don't like using damaged components (Dreg!) just add $6750 to the price (but then it isn't really cost effective).

If you just don't like the recycled tires (a bit cheeky) you could make them Standard radials instead (they are pretty hard to hit so it probably won't put a crimp on your day). If you do that you can save 220lb that you could use for armour.

With HC 5 and decent acceleration this nippy pipsqueak can be on you before you can draw an effective bead on it. On it's own it is insignificant, in groups even a volley of 3 mini-rockets can be cumulatively effective on those without metal armour.

Combine it with an 85 mph ram (even with a 2/3 damage modifier) and it could be terminal. HC 5 means a 90 degree bend at full speed only has a 1 in 6 chance of wiping you out so you can guide it right on in. Dregs can be suicidal as it is either kill or be killed (or maybe your family killed). Spray silver paint over your mouth and yell "Witness Me". You know the schtick. If you are using cheaper tires you could add a ramplate and really put the hurt on.

1 of these took out the tractor of a rig by T-boning the side armour after letting off the rockets at point blank. Some lucky damaged rolls and it was wounded, but it was still something none of us expected (and it kinda killed the campaign). See silly :)
swordtart is offline   Reply With Quote