Thread: Silly Cars
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2021, 03:56 PM   #19
swordtart

Default Re: Silly Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by juris View Post
Pretty sure pintle mounts are not allowed on a cycle. CWC 2.5 p 106 - a pintle must be mounted adjacent to a sun roof or convertible hardtop. Basically, it's a chassis and crossbow turret. It also says 'gunner' - so I don't think a passenger would be able to use one.
UACFH includes the additional options "or in a pickup bed or open-topped vehicle (one that has no top armor)." This has also been discussed in ADQ&A if memory serves and the shorter definition in CWC2.5 precludes using it from a pickup bed, one of the most obvious real-world applications.

The use of the word gunner might mean only a gunner, but it makes no sense since no vehicle targeting systems are used with a pintle. I suspect it is simply to identify the rules apply to the person firing the weapon (who in everyday parlance would be the gunner - and who uses Gunner skill in CW). The entry for searchlights also specifies at one point a gunner, by your interpretation that would mean drivers couldn't operate a search light to blind someone contradicting the general principle that drivers can fire any vehicular weapon.

On the other hand I hadn't even considered pintles on a cycle (other than a sidecar - which the 2.5 definition would also not allow) until this thread. If I can find a real example then I'd allow it, until then it's provisional for me.

EDIT:
OK "motorcycle technical" is also a thing :)

Last edited by swordtart; 08-20-2021 at 09:46 AM.
swordtart is offline   Reply With Quote