View Single Post
Old 05-29-2017, 09:14 AM   #2
mlangsdorf

Default Re: Contact-Range Explosions

If you are in the area of your area effect (or explosive) attack, you are effected by it. Take Selective Area to avoid this.

You can in theory apply Explosive to a cone attack, though cones are annoying and fiddly in play so adding an even more annoying and fiddly element would make me as the GM ask if that was necessary. The cone attack would do full damage and falling off explosive damage to those outside the cone based on the shortest straight line distance to the edge of the cone. Cones implicit have an origin in the user's square, so if the Cone is explosive, it will also affect the user. Take Selective Area to avoid this.

You can apply Explosive to your unarmed attack but the math is tricky. Again, it will hit you unless you also take Selective Area.

You can be hurt by your own Innate Attacks, though it's somewhat unusual to target yourself. But you can blast yourself with your own icebolts via a critical miss, catch yourself in your own explosive fire balls due to shoddy aiming or scatter, or be mind controlled to blast yourself with your own energy beams. It's likely a -5% Accessibility to be immune to your own attacks but I'd treat it as a +5% enhancement.