View Single Post
Old 11-20-2022, 10:53 AM   #4
sjmdw45

Default Re: Song of Command & instruments

Quote:
Originally Posted by restlessgriffin View Post
While that's the way I'd like it to be, I don't think that is according to RAW. The modifiers seems to imply you need to do targets one at a time. The main text also seems to indicate this. "You can control the mind of someone" (singular). ... "you can add one new victim to the song per turn".

Personally, I'd prefer being able to act on an entire group. Say there are 10 enemies, you chose to target 5 of them to limit the negative modifiers. You go into Song of Command and order them to "drop your weapons". So the Bard is at -5 (-1 for each targeted enemy). Any of them that fail the quick contest will drop their weapons. Bardic Talent provides a bonus to the Bard.
You add them individually to the song, but once they're added you just give them verbal commands, no extra contests required (unless you order them to do something against their values). If you have six guards under your control and you want them to arrest somebody, I see no indication that you'd need to say, "Bob, arrest that man. Sam, arrest that man. Pete, arrest that man..."

Quote:
RAW seems to indicate you could only order on person and then one other each turn with cumulative -1 for each person still under control. So if you ordered " drop your weapon and leave it on the ground" that could be done one at a time.
You take control of Bob, Sam, Pete, etc. one at a time but after that they obey your verbal orders until you lose control.

Quote:
I did not think Bards could learn Bravery as I did see any reference to Bard in the spell. Hopefully you are correct and I'm misinterpreting that.
Bardic Talent lets you learn Sense Foes, which lets you learn Sense Emotions, which allows Fear, which allows (wizardly) Bravery.

Quote:
BTW, It would also help with Druid since I would like them to have dull access to all Elemental spells, not just ones listing druidic.
The list of druid spells on Spells page 7 is complete, but of course as GM you can tinker with it.

Quote:
Concussion still causes damage..
Yeah but it's negligible: d6/(3*distance from concussion). Just chuck it a few yards away and damage even to DR 0 delvers will be zero.

Basically there's no point in using Concussion for damage except maybe against Diffuse foes like toxifiers. It's mostly a stunning spell.
sjmdw45 is offline   Reply With Quote