View Single Post
Old 09-03-2021, 02:20 PM   #21
swordtart

Default Re: Rev Trike Costs : Rules & Ambiguous Wording etc .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Another thing with the cost increases for 'Body/Chassis' for Reverse Trikes , actually save MORE cash if you use a Light Chass ! At least according to Combat Garage builder . A quirk that might be beneficial if it's correct .

I've been revamping all the Cycles from VG1as Lt. Trikes & noticed this on my 920lb version of the RoadMiser ( TrikeMiser ? Lol ) as a HC 2 Rev. Lt. Trike & it keeps costs down . It's better than the Windshell & LMG Cycle versions of the Road Miser with no Armour anyway .
Think apart from pure speed (Cycles) or pure handling (Sub Compacts) , Light or stripped down Medium Trikes do a far better showing in combat than a majority of Cycles or Subs most of the time . Surprised how many $6K+ Cycles & Subs you can build as under $5 Trikes instead is astounding .
I take it you are referring to a modified Road Miser (since none of the published options have an LMG or a Cycle Shell) - in which case it isn't really a Road Miser.

Whilst there are obviously tunes to be played in comparing bikes and trikes it should be remembered that you need extra armour on the sides of the trike to offset the ability of an enemy to target these from the front arc without penalty and you have an extra tire. The cheapest light cycle will always be cheaper than the cheapest light trike. That is the USP of the Road Miser (esp, the HR variant). You cannot get equivalent performance with a trike unless it is significantly more expensive.

Don't get me wrong, spend another $500 and you can have a trike with 42 points of sloped armour with all internal components having 10 pt CA each and significantly improve your survivability. But unless you spend yet another $500 to upgrade the plant you will only have 5 Acc. This is sensible progression if you were a lowly biker and came into a few quid, but if you had $2800 would you chose to start here?

The light trike chassis is more expensive by default and whilst you could reduce the suspension with a reversed configuration and save some cost there, it doesn't offset the extra cost of the chassis plus an extra tire especially with the additional cost of the reversal.

A reversed light chassis cost 150% of 80% or 120%. You do save more, but only because you are spending more in the first place.

With all things it is a matter of balance. A sub compact has better handling by default and so a light suspension is less of a burden. The chassis weight of a sub is far to high a proportion of it's load limit. A trike requires more armour and tires than a bike and is more expensive. It has better weight allowance, but the cost of the extra equipment you will use to fill that allowance is going to make it more expensive yet. Of course at least you can get all aspect armour but once CA came out the cycle shell was largely superfluous. None of these trades are unusual in the game.

Last edited by swordtart; 09-03-2021 at 03:55 PM.
swordtart is offline   Reply With Quote