View Single Post
Old 12-14-2020, 04:16 PM   #40
Plane

Default Re: closest Space/Ultratech equiv to the giant power armors used by Marines in Starcr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyneras View Post
The DR behaves normally, but only ablates from cutting damage.
"Ablates or Else" is definitely either/or...

On more thought though I think the other condition might be "Bane:Cutting" rather than "Limited:Cutting".

Basically to avoid Cutting ignoreing the DR (which Bane causes) you switch to ablate.

If it was either/or Ablative/Limited:Cutting then I think it would be that cutting alone stops it without ablating while all other attacks were stopped w/ Ablate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyneras View Post
Stacking it on ablative would be quite weird, I'm not sure what behavior that would be representative of.
basically how Corrosion Attack w/ Ignores DR might work: something would not have DR subtracted from it, but still reduce DR on its way in.

Or the opposite of how Corrosion Attack w/ No Wounding works (no damage gets through, but lowers DR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
The other fairly simple way to emulate Starcraft armor is to treat it as fairly high DR flexible armor, and you mostly just kill things by bleeding through damage.
Would work if it was physical attacks but there's energy stuff like w/ Firebats flamethrowers which don't suffer Blunt Trauma.
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote