View Single Post
Old 08-31-2004, 10:26 AM   #12
Mark Caliber

Default Re: Most common PC ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcobb
A flying saucer 7 yards thick with a diameter of 32 yards?

Where do the turrets go? ;-)
Firstly, LOL on the boiled down description.

As far as the turrets go, the Adams Smith is unarmed, so the question is a moot point.

MY preconceived notions on the Turret if I were to patch a couple on are to put two on the top two on the bottom. From a top down wire view, the four turrets would form a bisemetric square based on the center of the ship.

Okay, if this browser didn't ignore spaces so agressively, a diagram WOULD have been forthcoming. <sigh> But in essence imagine a Square and a turret at each corner of the square. On the opposite angles you would have turrets on the same side of the ship (specifically top side and bottom side) in the configuration shown below.

T B

B T

In essence, this configuration allows a pilot to face any one enemy with the lowest target profile while allowing the turrets to engage a target from nearly every angle.

But that's just what I would do.

Now if you want just TWO turrets and say some forward mounted missile launchers (say two racks of missiles just port and starboard of the bridge) then you can mount the two turrets Top and Bottom in the dead center of the ship. BUT I forwarn you that if you follow that route, your players are likekly to name the ship something like the "Century Eagle" or the "Day Osprey" or maybe the "Month Kite."

edited to clarify content

Last edited by Mark Caliber; 08-31-2004 at 10:39 AM.
Mark Caliber is offline   Reply With Quote