Thread: Banestorm
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 08:17 AM   #7
sjard
Stick in the Mud

Default Re: Banestorm

The hard part is finding players who are willing to give the setting a chance. As a GM, while I tend to ignore those religions involved in the real world as much as possible, find that they are a wonderful element to a roleplaying oriented setting. They offer an imerssive quality that fictional religions rarely have. Or even those real religions that are not as well known.

I've had players who enjoy going the nasty sneaky route in fantasy settings (I don't mean your stereotypical thief, I'm refering to the sadistic propogandist types). When I finally convinced them to try the Yrth setting they had more fun and were able to be orders of magnitude nastier than they had been in other settings, enough to cause one of the players to give himself the creeps over what he was able to do with ease because of the depth of the setting. A Railroad of this type is a double edged sword. If you fight against where it takes you it is hard to have fun, but if you allow it to take you places you would be going anyway it makes playing the role you have chosen so much easier.
MIB #1457
sjard is offline   Reply With Quote