View Single Post
Old 08-27-2020, 12:42 PM   #74
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Hm... Will need to figure out how well sound travels though a compartment too. Don't want to be climbing a shelving rack and get someone coming to check what's making the racket. Depending on the bag size and whether we're talking short, long, or metric tons, this would be ~500 units? Would need to work real fast; maybe toss all the flour off the racks then slice everything that didn't split? Maybe slice all the flour then break it down?
Sound travels within compartments fairly well. Going from one to another is a lot more muffled, and it can be difficult to tell exactly how far away and what direction it came from. Note that 19 and 18 are directly under bunkrooms, while 17 is under a bathroom.

Yeah, 500 units sounds about right, depending on size. If we're talking about individual attention to each bag, splitting and then throwing, that's 5 to 10 seconds each. Just throwing them down might take 5 to 3 seconds. You're looking at 25 to 80 minutes here.

Quote:
I'm starting to get the impression that trying to make this look like an accident might be unworkable.
If you hit all three flour stores? yes, that will not look like an accident. Even if it was a complete coincidence, it would make everyone suspicious and come up with wild theories.

Quote:
Well, call that a qualified success.
The food stores are rigged with better fire-supression systems, mostly water. It is possible to arrange a failure in those, if needed, and they don't have backup systems other than manually getting out a hose.

the second time Hua passes by the food storage on their way to a destination, Botha brings it up. Not immediately, but while they're resting after unloading some bricks, Botha stands way too close to Hua, slaps her on the back and says "Is there some reason we keep driving by the provisions?"

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote