View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 05:11 PM   #17
Peter Knutsen
Banned

Default Re: High GM burden - Time saving tricks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnugus View Post
Even though it requires some time, I have found it very useful to memorize a lot of the advantages, disadvantages and skills in Basic. I have the odd habit of making all my NPC's with points, just as regular PC's, and it's a huge time-saver that I know what most traits do. Gurps Character Assistant is an extremely valuable tool in this respect.
I don't think trying to brute-force memorize the list of advantage and disads, and what they mean, is going to help the OP much.

People's memories work differently, but one solution that might work for the OP is to actively sit down and write a cheat list of every single advanage and disad that can occor in the world in which his campaign takes place, i.e. none of the supernatural ones that for whatever reason are metaphysically impossible. But including all the Meta-Traits.

Write down each trait, on paper or in a TXT or word processor file, whatever works best, along with an as short as possible reminder sentence of what it is that the trait does.
Peter Knutsen is offline   Reply With Quote