View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 03:53 AM   #6
Refplace

Default Re: Help me Stat a complicated Possession Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trachmyr View Post
I went a much more expensive route and added Malediction & Long-Range, partially because I don't want to have to worry about Cover, lighting, attack rolls, etc... the other reason is because as I think about it, it actually a very powerful ability when mixed with reflexive... on par with unkillable or Puppets=Extra Lives.
Yep, it sure is :)

Quote:
I think applying Cosmic Modifier(s) to Puppet might do the trick, perhaps one +50% modifier per extra ability it affects.
Maybe, kinda like buying extended range/coverage for some powers.
Still it definitely is not RAW and might be an issue for your GM.
How about an affliction instead? Call it Conditioning and make it part of the MC Alternative Ability suite.

Quote:
Also, while it seems I can omit Telesend & Mind Probe... and I will need Mind Control and Illusion... what about Mind Reading? I do want to be able to possess their senses without controlling their body (Which Selectivity might work), I do want to possess their body but allow them to have their senses (which Selectivity and/or Illusion should work).... but I also want to be able to read their thoughts. Should I have to get Mind Reading? Should I apply a Modifier to Possession? Or should Full-Memory Access plus Reflexive be enough?
If you have possessed them I don't think you need Mind reading or any other power to use their senses. Even if your not in control, and of course while your in control you definitively have access.
You can get Mind Reading if you want, reading thoughts that way may be less a delay then reading memories. BUt I would likely let you have real time access.
In my mind what your looking for are so close to each other they are perfect candidates for alternative abilities. Or if you can afford it Wild Card Power on your Possession. Or maybe on one of the mental powers rather then a set of alternative abilities.
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote