View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 01:16 AM   #3
Trachmyr

Default Re: Help me Stat a complicated Possession Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Sounds cool :)

I dont like Sense based on there. You already have to touch them as part of the normal power so how is this limiting them?
Agreed, for some reason I was thinking Possession allowed Touch or Sight, so no this wouldn't be a limitation. I'm going to edit my original post. How would I go about making it affect through Touch or Detect? I was going to base it on Ranged + Increased Range + Long Range all with the Puppets Only limitation, but a better (and slightly more expensive) way would be malediction + Long range 3 with the Puppets Only limitation.

Quote:
Where did Reduced Immunity come from? Does it increase your roll like Reliable or remove the Immunity if you fail penalty?
It sounds familiar but I cant find it.
Psionic Powers... it means that on a failed Possession roll, the person is immune for 24 hors rather than permanetly.

Quote:
I think most would rule that Cultural Assimilation is not needed with Full Access but adding it is a nice safety that would be fine in my game. I call those kinds of enhancements a special effect premium. It makes sure there are no arguments later since we discussed it when I looked at the sheet.
Sounds Good.

Quote:
Can Learn full skill level seems overpriced since your only at -1 skill but ok.
I agree that it feels overpriced, I was thinking about applying a +50% or +100% Cosmic Modifier directly to the Assimilation/Deep-Memory Access(/Cultural Assimilation).... this would be between +10% and +30% total, depending on the value of Cosmic and if it needs to be applied to "Cultural Assimilation"... I'm leaning towards +100% to Assimilation & Deep-Memory Access Only, thus a total +20% increase.

Quote:
On the avoiding resistnace rolls again when you let them ahve control just make them a puppet. If you dont make them a puppet by leaving the "back door" open then I would say once you give them control you would have to retake it using a contest again. And they would be aware so resist at +5!
If you control them you control them, Possession is total and they are not able to affect your control if they fail. To get them to do waht you want without control is the Mind Control power.
I guess it's an easy work-around to always keep a Puppet Slot open for the current host... but how do I get the same benefits with Illusion/Mind-Control/Mind-Reading?

Quote:
Ok for your partial Control I would say that is an enhancement on Possession. I would eyeball it at Selectivity.
This lets you let the host have full control, partial control or no control and in between up to you.
Hmmm... that might work.

Quote:
For the mental tricks and mind control well that gets a bit trickier.
I would say you need Mind Control with enhancements, Mental Illusion to do the kind of talking you want but no need for telesend.
Mind Probe not needed for most things but would be good as an alterantive ability for blocked or deep seated memories.

Thanks for the advice.

Last edited by Trachmyr; 01-12-2012 at 03:02 AM.
Trachmyr is offline   Reply With Quote