View Single Post
Old 08-10-2021, 10:33 AM   #110
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Maybe traitor isn't the best word here. Basically, the way I see it, the situation here is one of the following:
A) There's a spy working for the imperials working over here. Perhaps the goal is to wipe out the rebels before the Emperor wakes up.
B) The rebellion is keeping the emperor asleep somehow, and naturally the coordination for this effort is going through Rebel HQ.
C) This is all a wild goose chase and I ought to let you get me somewhere else where the plot can advance.

Maybe the things I want to do are more in aid of determining whether A is true and not B, but I think that trying to determine whether B is true would probably be more dangerous, and should be done after.
Ok, that makes sense. What's the answer to "How much time"

Quote:
I'm sure he's just being curious; I'm sure I researched enough before to have a clear picture of what Verdaze is like, and will use Acting to make sure I'm consistent and Memetics! to inject life into the answers I'm giving (it would be awfully weird to sound like and encyclopedia article.)
Well done, you satisfy him in your answers.

Quote:
If the card game is common to both Verdaze and Lithus, I'll mention I've played before and pick up the rules as I go:
Halcyone plays unexpectedly well for a beginner. He enjoys having a partner who enjoys such things.

Quote:
If it makes sense (as in, makes sense for someone from Verdaze), I'll mention that I don't know how to drive.
"What? Didn't they test that? whose oversight was that? I'll teach you! We have the car right here..."

Its an old fashioned clunker built for style (at least to the TL10 eyes beholding it). Thelodox has Halcyone slowly driving it around the parking lot.

Quote:
"Into a dumpster? What's that all about? Taking cover?"
"Well, actually... that was a bet between me and her. I feel kind of bad about it. We were on the roof to have a good vantage view, and she said the dumpster would be fine exit in an emergency. I said it wouldn't, she said it would... and then I put money on it, and she jumped."

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote