View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 10:14 PM   #1039
Kalzazz

Default Re: Report To The Stakeholders

* How often do you visit the Steve Jackson Games front page/Daily Illuminator?
-Rarely, I have 'forums.sjgames.com' memorized and can type it in a browser bar in a fractional second, so that is where I go to. Also the front page doesn't so often seem very interesting
-Daily Illuminator - sometimes, I will go look at the Daily Illuminator forum almost daily, but since there are no teasers that show on mouse over, and I know the threads contain no information themselves, I won't click unless it looks super interesting or I actually see people are posting replies. Also it at times seems SJGames doesn't pay much attention to what people post about it
* Do you follow any of our social media channels?
-No, and posting information to hard to follow sites like Twitter and Medium that make it hard to read do distress me. I much prefer stuff in forum posts, or in classic HTML seeming webpages that are easy to read. I backed the DFRPG kickstarter, but the posting of all the stuff in medium I could never get to load and that definitely didn't help my enthusiasm for it
Twitter? 140 characters? I have no interesting in reading something that is going to usually be very awkwardly formatted and hard to get to even view, that the struggle to view it is never going to be worth the 140 character payout
* What can we do to put the news in front of you regularly?
I would love to see a 'General Announcements' thread that announcements and discussion regularly were posted in and served as a grand record of awesomeness as it spiraled towards thousands of database breaking posts. Much like this awesome thread, except for announcements instead of reports to the stakeholders. If something appears in a forums thread in a forum I pay attention to I'm much more likely to notice it than any other means
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote