View Single Post
Old 09-28-2021, 04:23 AM   #16
Opellulo

Default Re: Crazy campaigns ideas

Back in the day I GM'ed a short campaign inspired by "Stargate": the PC where all modern Special Ops going through a portal that was opened as last effort to balance a series of worldwide Cataclysms unleashed by the lack of "Magnetic Amplified Negative Admeasurement " (M.A.N.A. for short). So they were transported in the literal "Forgotten Realms" to find a way to bring magic into our world.

It was a fun way to introduce GURPS to D&D players and to mess a bit with their expectations, for this reason it was quite light in rules so there were not that many considerations about logistics or realism.

I thickened the plot making them discover that they were not the first party sent through the portal for the same mission and then I introduced the big bad moving behind the scenes: a colossal Red Dragon with so much magic power that wanted to capture the PC to "calibrate" its portal magic to invade Earth.

Unfortunately we never get to the planned end: a full battle between a Colossal Dragon and its minions against an Air Carrier Battle group. But still good memories, like the face of a player discovering that a single assault rifle burst was more than enough to end with a giant ogre.