View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 01:42 PM   #1
Raekai
World's Worst Detective

Default Should the Remington Double-Derringer be TL5 or TL6?

Hey, all! Just a quick question.

I'm working on some After the End stuff right now, and the Remington Double-Derringer seemed like a good choice for a decent gun. In Basic, it's treated as TL5, which may just be for simplicity, but I noticed that High-Tech lists it as TL6. I thought that was strange because it also lists that it became available in 1866, which would still put it at TL5. This is even more obvious in Adventure Guns where—well, I'll make it a list so it's easy to see:
  • Remington Double-Derringer; 1866; TL6
  • Frank Wesson Dagger-Pistol; 1869; TL6
  • Remington M1871; 1872; TL5
  • Colt-Thuer Derringer No. 3; 1872; TL6
  • Turbiaux Le Protector; 1882; TL6
My general understanding is that TL6 starts about 1880+, which would make the Turbiaux Le Protector the first actual TL6 gun in the list, but I know that's an about. Maybe these guns are listed for the TL of their popularity, but I don't know what influenced these decisions. It seems especially weird that it jumps to TL6 early but pops back to TL5 for the Remington M1871.

It's not a big deal, of course. I can easily wave my hands and treat guns before 1880 as TL5 guns, but I'm definitely curious about how these things were decided or how others might handle this.

Thanks!
Raekai is offline   Reply With Quote