View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 04:30 PM   #14
Bruno

Default Re: Ramming Speed vs Throwing Speed with a side order of Log ST

I'm afraid I can't make head or tails of that Anthony, mostly around the "Multiplier" thing.

First, since that's so central a concept, I suggest explaining and defining that before getting into the other points. Otherwise you start out confused and it doesn't really get better.

Second:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony
For objects, find the ST required to lift the object as 1x BL
  • Required ST 6-15 has no divisor (+0 modifier)
  • Required ST 1-5 has a divisor of 2 (+10 modifier). Each additional -5 increases divisor by 1 step on the range/speed chart.
  • Required ST 16-20 has a multiplier of 2 (-10 modifier). Each additional +5 increases multiplier by 1 step on the range/speed chart.
I don't understand this - can you walk us through an example?

Key questions: "Find the ST required to lift the object as 1xBL" - cryptic. Is this an instruction to take the weight of the object, and look it up in the BL column on the Basic Lift and Encumbrance Table then read off the associated ST? (or obviously do the equivalent calculation)

How can you get a number -5 less than ST 1? The formula will only produce positive numbers.

Why is your center band "10" wide when every other band is 5?

How does your personal ST end up interacting at all with your weapon? Figuring a ST for the weapon without considering your own seems... very Gamma World. Which I'm pretty sure is not the intent, so this is likely my total confusion talking.

EDIT: in fact, the more I read it, the more it looks like using a heavy weapon penalizes your damage significantly, and the optimal configuration is to be high ST and murder people with a goose feather. Which can't be right.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote