View Single Post
Old 02-28-2017, 08:55 PM   #1344
Otaku

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
So please, PLEASE! pick apart!
Not a lot of time. I read through, and at a glance, it seems good. Like the name change to dynamic molecules.

I have some concern about vaguely remembered aspects of Uru (such as it being stupidly dense, or maybe that is just Mjolnir), and I'm not seeing adamantine, the Metal of the Gods. Hercules has a mace made from it, an alternate version of James Howlett has a skeleton made from it, and there are only a few other references to it I am seeing, so maybe it is pretty obscure... or maybe that's what Olympian Orichalcum is representing?

You might want to add a note that governments do employ enchantments on certain prisons. At least, I seem to recall at least one of the major Marvel superhuman prisons had wards (or the like) to help hold prisoners with powers of a mystic nature, the kind that normally circumvent power nullifiers and the like.

Finally, there is an interesting bit of technology that I only recall seeing in the 2099 setting... but it isn't that ultra tech (compared to the rest) and it is just... cool. An "inhibitor spike" shows up in X-Men 2099 #30. Looks almost like it sounds; it was a techy looking spike or stake fired from what I recall being a shotgun. It shuts down powers, looks like it is armor piercing (in GURPS terms), and incapacitating because the target now has a stake lodged into his body. Probably not appropriate for the setting, but I've always liked it and thought it didn't look super-hightech compared to so many other things in the MU. It just seems... practical for policing and self-defense purposes in the MU.
My GURPS Fourth Edition library consists of Basic Set: Characters, Basic Set: Campaigns, Martial Arts, Powers, Powers: Enhanced Senses, Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, Power-Ups 2: Perks, Power-Ups 3: Talents, Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, Power-Ups 6: Quirks, Power-Ups 8: Limitations, Powers, Social Engineering, Supers, Template Toolkit 1: Characters, Template Toolkit 2: Races, one issue of Pyramid (3/83) a.k.a. Alternate GURPS IV, GURPS Classic Rogues, and GURPS Classic Warriors. Most of which was provided through the generosity of others. Thanks! :)
Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote