View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 06:34 PM   #138
Icelander

Default Police Militias

Quote:
Originally Posted by D10 View Post
Some are real names like Drako and some are suggestions I found. And I think the Military Police are most likely to use private security as front for monster hunters. The MP are likely to have militia connections either directly or through private contractor proxies who would do the actual monster hunting, most likely.

Also concerning one of your questions earlier, it is common for military police to moonlight as private security. Some take a darker route and join militias that fight off drug-gangs but usually end up replacing them with a mafia of their own
Yes, police militias were the first major monster hunting groups in Brazil as I envision it and although generals, colonels and intelligence chiefs have by now established an informal network to coordinate counter-supernatural efforts, the local leaders of Rio's police militias still often operate autonomously and without informing anyone else.

As long as the local police militias seem to be still on the side of 'humanity' and not 'o diabo', the senior figures who make up the anti-supernatural Deep State in Brazil are willing to accept a great deal of criminal behaviour and corruption from their ostensibly allies, because, after all, they are fighting a war for the survival of human society. When you are convinced that the other side are literal devils, you can accept almost any sin from those who are willing to fight on your side, as long as they hate the other side enough.