View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 02:11 AM   #135
D10

Location: In Rio de Janeiro, where it was cyberpunk before it was cool.
Default Re: Navy Submarines and the Invisible Residents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
Are we talking about writing new software and possibly tinkering with existing sonar arrays (easily possible) or would the Brazilian Navy need to develop their own sonar arrays instead of the imported ones they use in real life?
Well, if the latter, I researched a bit and the navy has tested its own 100% homemade passive sonar making a big hidrophone and claims

Quote:
CF Barreira, in charge of the Institute's Acoustic Systems Group and responsible for the project, pointed out that the test demonstrated IPqM's ability to master the entire technological cycle of a passive sonar system, "The tests performed used systems and algorithms developed by IPqM, from the analog signal of the hydrophones to the analysis screens by the sonar operators, with analysis, monitoring and classification tools, which comprise the domain of knowledge necessary for the design of modern sonar systems.
It is made by a company called Omnisys engenharia, they got 20 million reais to modernise their facilities to become capable of producing 100% brazilian made sonar. They are a subsidiary of the Thales Group.

Which reminds me that I have seen several names for private security services worth mentioning

Drako
Protectors
Safeguard
Security Aliance
Águia Vigilância
Cruzada Segurança
Shield Segurança
Defense Segurança
TRUST Segurança
Locked Segurança e Portaria
Techforce Segurança e Portaria
Proseg Segurança e Portaria

Last edited by D10; 05-23-2019 at 02:30 AM.
D10 is offline   Reply With Quote