View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 08:00 PM   #108
D10

Location: In Rio de Janeiro, where it was cyberpunk before it was cool.
Default Re: [MH] Brazilian Secret Monster Hunters

I believe evangelicals are over 30% already, nearing 40%

But I think your sentiment is overall correct regarding their distribution in the social strata. Families with a longer tradition, regardless of social class, tend to be catholics. While neue rich and overall emerging lower class (from total abject poverty) tend to be evangelicals.

One factor that contributed to the rise of evangelicals is the synergy between families being extremelly poor having higher birthrates than more traditional families, I believe this contributed to a demographic advantage to the evangelical movement that has really kicked in over the last twenty* years. If this has hit a plateau or not is YTBD.

In practice this means that while there will be a consistent cadre of evangelicals in all branches of goverment, but traditionally catholics occupy more positions of power being more entrenched due to a long tradition of catholic families occupying those positions and successfully grooming youngsters to occupy similar positions in the future.

I would say, despite their rising status, catholics are still very strong, specially now after bolsonaro won.

Quote:
That's excellent. That anecdote shall be my justification for BOPE and CORE including some members willing to discreetly accept help from 'good' magicians, even as they carry out a campaign of annihilation against anyone in the favelas even remotely suspected of 'sorcery' or 'the taint of the devil'.
Fantastic, I feel it is very apropriate.

Quote:
None of which means that Bolsonaro or any of the political figures around him are any kind of prime movers in the secret counsels of the network of powerful men who fight the supernatural in Brazil or that anyone in the administration even has accurate information on what is done, in secret, to defend Brazil from the Devil and his minions (as many of the generals, admirals, colonels, captains and chiefs believe they are doing).
I agree, was just bouncing ideas.

more later

edit* twenty not two
D10 is offline   Reply With Quote