Thread: Stellar Mapping
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 02:59 PM   #25
Keysh

Default Re: Stellar Mapping

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrosome View Post
Well, I can't find any sort of dataset from RECONS, other than their nearest 100 star list and the CTIOPI list of dwarfs. Is there one? I was going through and manually adding those two lists to Hipparcos.
It looks to me like the best you could do would be to add things from the 100-star list, and then any additional stars in their recent (2018) paper (Henry et al.) which aren't already in the 100-star list. Table 1 of that paper lists the parallaxes, and Table 3 has things like spectral types for most of them.

If you wanted to be really thorough, you could look at the references in Henry et al.'s Table 4, track down those papers, and add the systems listed therein. There's a total of 79 - 13 = 66 systems (not counting brown dwarfs) discovered since the 1995 Yale Parallax Catalog which are not in the Hipparcos catalog -- if you tracked those down and added them to the Hipparcos catalog, you'd be pretty darn close to complete.

I can't see any publicly available master database from the RECONS folks, though I imagine they have one. (From skimming the 2018 paper, I get the impression they're waiting for the second Data Release from the Gaia satellite before they publish a proper complete catalog of stars within 10 pc.)
Keysh is offline   Reply With Quote